We have a unique opportunity to create the most family-friendly city in Georgia. In order for us to reach our full potential, we must have a plan that is thorough and can be executed immediately. To that end, I have a 90/120/180 days plan that is focused on helping us successfully transition from being in unincorporated Cobb to our own city.
- We must immediately build a transition team/board of advisors. Invitees will include the new city council members, representatives from the county, the state and regional organizations and help us come together as a city.
- We must immediately understand our expenses, revenue opportunities and any financial gaps
- We must identify a city manager and initial city leadership to help us negotiate contracts and help us transition services as seamlessly as possible.
My 90/120/180 Plan
By the End of 90 Days:
- Create and launch a Board of Advisors/Transition Team
- Retain temporary municipal legal counsel to negotiate and execute contracts
- Identify and begin negotiating division of services (and costs) provided by Cobb County
- Create revenue generation plan
- Develop draft HR policies for future city employees
- Develop city council meeting schedule and list of community boards/committee
By the End of 120 Days:
- Hire Budget/Finance Director
- Declare to Cobb County the first 3 services the city will adopt
- Develop the 2 year plan for additional services
- Create office for business licenses and general fee collections
By the End of 180 Days:
- Hire city manager
- Hire city attorney
- Recruit community members for boards
- Conduct an updated budget assessment